Given the carnival theme going on over here at the moment I thought this wonderfully colourful image of Fashion Designer, Carmen D’Apollonio, one half of Ikou Tschüss was quite fitting.
Together, Guya Marini and Carmen D’Apollonio design garments that are hand knitted — an important part of their asthetic — by actual grandmothers to retain “the old craftswomanly approach to handwork, skills that Guya and Carmen feel are disappearing today”.
Found via Citizen Couture.
- m-u-s-eum reblogged this from textilenerd
- angstblog reblogged this from textilenerd
- watermelonkiwi likes this
- kuriousitykilled likes this
- anodyna reblogged this from textilenerd
- textilenerd reblogged this from loopycrafty
- knittedfairytale reblogged this from loopycrafty
- vestidadeazul likes this
- loopycrafty posted this